Supply Chain & Logistics Manager
I-Tech AB is a Gothenburg-based bio-tech-company offering a unique active agent (a chemical compound), Selektope®, to the marine coatings industry that improves the coating’s bio-fouling prevention properties. The business focus is primarily in the global commercial shipping domain where Selektope® contributes to cleaner hulls and consequently improved hull performance and reduced maintenance costs. Throughout recent years, I-Tech has successfully registered and patented its unique product in relevant key markets and has proven its business concepts in an international environment.
Following the successful market introduction of marine antifouling products containing our proprietary active agent Selektope® by two of the largest paint makers in the world, the company is now experiencing sharp growth and is developing a future-proof supply chain jointly with its partners and manufacturers to accommodate customer demands. As the key concepts are being established in a new international supply chain system, I-Tech is now focusing more than ever on executing customer orders in parallel develop the supply chain, logistics and production to new standards in terms of cost efficiency, robustness and administrative routines. In addition, strategic procurement activities are constantly running to assure long term competitiveness. To provide best possible pre-requisites to become a leading player among the suppliers to the marine coatings companies, I-Tech is investing in a new position within the company to, in a hands-on manner, operate the supply chain and logistics both on an order by order basis, but also on a strategic level.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in procurement, operational as well as strategic, hands on execution of supply chain operations of chemical processes (preferable) including manufacturing, quality assurance, logistics and information/document/order administration. As the supply chain is involving international suppliers (API producers) and partners, the candidate is used to work with, and get things done with, counterparts in different cultures. Finally, the candidate possesses analytical skills to analyse and propose improvement activities enhancing the companies competitive advantage.
• Secure on time deliveries of customer orders
• Order, production and logistics management
• Develop and implement necessary routines and standards within the supply chain.
• Assure and maintain proper product quality and documentation.
• Manage and develop relationships with relevant counterparts through the supply chain and logistics.
• Continuous development of the supply chain and logistics (production, transport, administration, inventory, information and quality)
• Analytical background work for implementation on operational improvements and long term strategic development of the supply chain jointly with I-Tech Chief Operations Officer.
Job Location, Travelling & Educational Background:
• Gothenburg, Sweden (I-Tech Headquarters)
• Extensive travelling, both intercontinental and continental
• BSc, preferable MSc or similar degree in supply chain management, logistics or business administration
• Reports to Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• No current direct reports but may change over time